Alan Romero, a 2020 CAALA Trial Lawyer of the Year Finalist, is the principal and lead trial attorney at Romero Law. Mr. Romero is an experienced and well-regarded litigator who has served as a staff instructor at both the CAALA and CELA trial colleges. Mr. Romero has been rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, having been ranked at the highest level of professional excellence for his legal expertise, communication skills, and ethical standards by his peers and has been recognized as one of the Top 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment Lawyers in the United States by Lawdragon.com.
Prior to law school, Mr. Romero interned for the Consul for Legal Affairs of the Consulate of Mexico in Los Angeles. After law school, Mr. Romero interned for — and was later hired by — the law firm of Mathews & Weisser. Working under the regular and direct supervision of the firm’s lead litigator, a California attorney, an English barrister, Mr. Romero was exposed to a wide variety of litigation in the areas of taxation, securities law, and white-collar fraud, litigating matters pending before American and British courts.
Mr. Romero received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from California State University in Los Angeles, where he was accepted into the Early Entrance Program at the age of fifteen. Mr. Romero then went on to obtain his Juris Doctor from Southwestern Law School in the accelerated two-year SCALE program.
Mr. Romero is accredited as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board and as a Certified Fraud Examiner by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Mr. Romero presently serves as a Director-at-Large for the Southwestern Law School Alumni Association and is a member of the Los Angeles County Democratic Party’s Judicial Interview Committee.
A fifth-generation Angeleno on his father’s side and a descendant of Aztec Emperor Moctezuma II on his mother’s side, Mr. Romero is natively fluent in Spanish. An intractable classic and foreign film aficionado, Mr. Romero has a particular and esoteric affinity for books and music.
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- California State University, Los Angeles (Early Entrance Program), California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Political Science
- Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Los Angeles, California
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavioral Analysis
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- California State Courts and Courts of Appeal
- Los Angeles County Democratic Party – Judicial Interview Committee (Member)
- California Employment Lawyers Association (Sustaining Member)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (Sustaining Member)
- National Lawyers Guild
- National Police Accountability Project
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Mexican American Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Pasadena Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles Trial Lawyer of the Year Finalist (2020)
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment Lawyers (2020)
- TopVerdicts – Top 20 U.S. Employment Jury Verdicts (2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Rated AV Preeminent (2019-Present)
- Southern California Super Lawyer (2015-Present)
- SuperLawyers Rising Stars (2013-2014)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum (2012-Present)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum (2010-Present)
- Avvo Rated 10.0 “Superb” (2013-Present)
- Top Attorneys – Pasadena Magazine (2013-Present)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Behavior Analyst Certification Board
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Southwestern Law School Alumni Association Board of Directors – Director at Large